Although memory impairment is associated with a number of countless causes, lack of proper diet is one of the most important culprits. That’s why in a lot of Jupiter Memory Care senior living facilities, they mostly provide menu packed with nutritious super ingredients. Moreover, they’d produce cuisines that are tasty and stimulating enough for the senior’s palate.
Super Foods for Memory Health
- Salmon – rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
- Poultry eggs (yolk) – contains choline, a component useful in the production of neurotransmitters. Basically, significant in brain cell communication.
- Avocados – contains monounsaturated fat that’s healthy for overall blood circulation including the brain.
- Green Tea – rich in amino acids and vitamins that improve brain functions and get rid of mental stress.
- Walnuts – high amounts of vitamin E in walnuts prevent free radicals to cause brain cell damage.
- Bone Broth – the risk of age-related memory impairment are prevented by amino acids and anti-inflammatory properties found in bone broth.
- Blueberries and strawberries – powerful sources of Vitamin K, fiber, and antioxidants that help sharpen the memory through cognitive function boosts.
- Dark chocolate – provides proper blood flow to the brain because of high levels of flavonols.
- Tomato – a lycopene superfood that safeguards the brain and the rest of the body parts from harmful free radicals.
- Red wine – contains resveratrol (also found in dark chocolates) that prevents deterioration of cognitive function and dementia-related conditions.
Ways to Encourage Seniors to Eat Memory Boosting Food
- Involve the senior in planning a meal. Make a grocery list and suggest the memory-enhancing food ingredients mentioned above.
- Take the senior to the grocery shop with you. Allow him/her to gather some of the food products you previously listed.
- If possible, let the senior have a part in preparing your meal. While you do this, talk about the health benefits you can get from it.
- Set fruits and veggies on the table or anywhere which would remind the senior to eat those healthy food.
- Make your menu super delicious.
Jupiter Memory Care: Satisfying a Senior’s Stomach
At Courtyard Gardens, we believe that the way to a senior’s healthy memory is through the stomach. But our Jupiter Memory Care food solution goes beyond the delicious menu. We cater to the senior’s need for proper nutrition and total eating experience. For more inquiries, call us at (561) 336-4958 today.